So immediately after getting out that post earlier, I then found a slightly
better way of doing everything so that my
.travis.yml is clean and neat. With
this new method, thanks to Maxime Kjaer 1, I’ve not only got the scripts
split out from my
.travis.yml, I also have it now proofing my generated HTML.
The added benefit of proofing my HTML on Travis means that now misformed code
won’t get automatically deployed to my droplet and then require me to manually
go into the changes and resolve the issue on my server.
After modifying the scripts used in his post for some of the tweaks I use that he doesn’t (using rsync instead of git, differences in key storage), I’ve now got a much cleaner Travis-CI log. Not only do I have a cleaner log, I also have better markdown verification as well as a warning in case I typo’d a outbound link before it gets published.
Here’s what my new
.travis.yml looks like:
language: ruby cache: bundler rvm: - 2.2.0 branches: only: - master env: - NOKOGIRI_USE_SYSTEM_LIBRARIES=true addons: ssh_known_hosts: sfo.plttn.me before_install: - bash _scripts/install.sh script: - bash _scripts/build.sh - bash _scripts/test.sh after_success: - bash _scripts/deploy.sh
For the scripts,
build.sh is the generic one line command, but
install/test/deploy are all slightly different based on the constraints that I
install.sh script however is the thing that gets my SSH key out of
environment variables and gets it loaded so the worker can rsync to my server.
#!/bin/bash echo -e "$DEPLOY_PRIVATE_KEY" > ~/.ssh/id_rsa chmod 600 ~/.ssh/id_rsa eval `ssh-agent -s` ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa
build.sh script now handles both the re-integration of any stashed posts
and the build of the site.
#!/bin/bash bundle exec octopress integrate bundle exec jekyll build
test.sh script is modified from how I originally started it, as the pixyll
head defines canonical URLs as absolute links, which means that
html-proofer will attempt to hit the server to check if that page exists.
Because that page hasn’t been deployed yet, it will fail. The option offered by
the maintainer of html-proofer is to use relative canonical URLs, but that is
not considered best practice by Google. With that in mind, my
has an extra flag included to treat all references to absolute domains as
relative URLs when proofing. Thanks to Kristian Glass2 for giving a easy
#!/bin/bash timeout 30s bundle exec htmlproof _site --only-4xx --external_only --check-html --check-favicon --href-swap ".*plttn.me/:/"
With all of this set up the way it is, my site will be integrated if necessary, built, have it’s HTML proofed, and then deployed to my server in the span of about a minute.